Welcome to the blog for the Cincinnati .Net Users Group.
November 2005 - Posts
The position is an assignment with our client at their Cincinnati, OH area location. This client is looking for a .Net Developer. Candidate must have the following skills: .NET Framework, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Visual Studio.NET, IIS, and SQL Server - use of stored procedures. Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts (such as the use of controllers, i.e. MVC - model view controller) and the associated architecture is required. Purchasing experience would be a bonus but is not required. This position will start out as an 8-10 week assignment. There is a strong chance of extension or the position becoming permanent for the right candidate.
If you are interested please send your resume to vanessa_keenan AT howardsystems.com
Fusion Alliance is currently looking for a lead resource to assist in the re-design and architecture of a web based application.
The consultant will oversee and facilitate design aspects, integration and map out a path(s) for content management migration.
Skills needed include:
Email Davis Ayres - dayres AT fusionalliance.com – for more information.
- Demonstrated tech lead experience.
- Architecture of .net web based applications.
- Strong communication and securing "buy-in" of respective vendors/business groups
- Knowledge of Content Management systems
- Familiarity with MS Application Servers
Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing enterprise software product companies in Cincinnati? We're a profitable, stable 35-year old company in a market segment that's rapidly heating up, and we're making big investments in our IT/software systems.
Do you like to help design, code, and deploy ASP.NET and C# code? Are you ready to focus your energy to help us build a single, cohesive end-to-end system? Do you want to help build a suite of Web 2.0 applications with us using Ajax, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005, and the .NET 2.0 Framework? If working on the leading edge of web application development appeals to you, read on...
We are looking for .NET Developers who have solid experience in C#, ASP.NET (and the .NET 1.1 Framework), SQL Server 2000, n-tier design, unit testing, design patterns, and OOP.
It is also a huge plus to know:
* Agile Software Development (including Extreme Programming)
* Visual Studio 2005 (ASP.NET 2.0, ADO.NET 2.0, and the .NET 2.0 Framework)
* Microsoft Patterns and Practices
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a fun, professional work environment. Our IT group is a small, smart team where you will be given the opportunity to make a difference, not like a big company where you'll be just another programmer in the cube farm.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Devine Group, Inc.
rwalker AT devinegroup.com
Join the Dayton .NET Developers Group and the Cincinnati .NET User Group for a day-long conference full of terrific in-depth courses taught by leaders in the IT community.
A day full of sessions for developers who want to learn more on a wide range of topics:
Windows Workflow Framework
Agile Software Development
Developing Smart Client Data Applications with Windows Forms 2.0
Practical ASP.NET Security
Topics won’t be limited to just .NET. We’re looking for speakers to present on other exciting technologies including:
January 21st, 2006 9am – 6pm. Registration starts at 8:00.
The Wingate Inn, 7500 Tylers Place Blvd, West Chester, Ohio
How to Register
The Developers Camp is completely free. Register at the following website: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032284859&Culture=en-US
Sponsors and Giveaways
Breakfast and Lunch are provided by Microsoft. Pillar Technology is providing the facility.
Attend and you’ll have a chance to win books from publishers including Apress, O’Reillly, and Addison-Wesley. You may even win a .NET training course from MAX Training.
See the Camp’s Home Page at http://daytondevgroup.net/CodeCamp.htm, or contact Jim Holmes (jim@IterativeRose.com) or James Avery (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details on the Camp.
Title: .NET Systems Analyst
Position ID: 101271
Location: OH - Cincinnati
Job Description :
- Seeking an experienced System Analyst with expertise in financial and general business applications.
- Looking for an expert level Developer with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- A Bachelor degree in Information Systems (or related fields of study) or equivalent technical training desired.
- In-depth knowledge of financial systems preferred.
- Will play an important role in a gradual transition of corporate applications from legacy systems to newer technologies.
- Programming expertise in the .NET environment highly desired.
- VB.NET and/or C# are the key technical skills for this opening.
- Must be ready to accept occasional project management responsibilities overseeing both functional and staff resources.
- Knowledge of principles and concepts of relational databases required (for example, SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, DMSII).
- Among other beneficial qualifications are Visual Basic, ASP and COBOL programming, Crystal Reports background, etc.
- Experience on Unisys ClearPath or PC/LAN platforms a plus.
- Must be able to gather requirements, conduct business analysis, create specifications, design, code, implement and support solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills mandatory.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team or in a mentor capacity is very valuable.
- Candidates local to the Cincinnati area are highly preferable.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Contact: - Roytman Information Services, Inc. (newjobs@roytmanIS.com)
Roytman Information Services, Inc.
2911 Dutton Court, Suite 1000
Dayton, OH 45458
(937) 885-0821 telephone
(937) 885-1805 fax
Title : .NET Application Developer
Position ID : 101279
Location : OH - Columbus
Job Description :
- Are you looking for a professional challenge in a modern technological environment?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the latest and greatest ...?
- Are you looking for diverse responsibilities, where your opinion matters?
This opportunity might be for you ...
- We are seeking a seasoned .NET Programmer/Analyst with at least 5 years of software development expertise.
- Will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, implementation and support of custom applications.
- The primary technical focus of this position is centered on C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET programming experience.
- Although internet applications are the most applicable, experience developing C# Windows-based solutions will be considered.
- Strong HTML / XHTML background needed.
- Experience creating applications compatible with multiple browsers on various platforms is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with Java, PHP, "old" ASP, Coldfusion and related technologies will make you an excellent candidate for this opening.
- With emphasis on formal testing, Nant and Nunit expertise is helpful.
- Background with Page Templates, Logging services, database abstraction, and Service Oriented Architectures beneficial as well.
- Although this is not a Database Administration opportunity, an in-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server (including stored procedures and basic
administration/configuration) is very valuable.
- System administration experience (Active Directory, remote Windows 2003 server management, security, anti-virus / anti-spam solutions, etc.) desired.
- Candidates local to the Columbus, OH area are highly preferable.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
Pay Rate :
Contact: - Roytman Information Services, Inc. (newjobs@roytmanIS.com)
Want to join a fast-moving internet company that’s growing quickly and achieving national acclaim? Do you crave challenging work in a fun, casual environment that moves at the speed of light?
If so, then you may be what we are looking for at HarvestINFO!
HarvestINFO, Inc. is an internet software company that specializes in online advertising, search technology, and internet shopping. Located in Mason, OH, we founded our company in 1996, and our customer base today includes over 400 media companies worldwide.
HarvestINFO has several immediate openings for Software Developers (both senior and junior) in .NET framework technologies to join our illustrious systems engineering and support teams. A strong background in software development and a minimum of 1 year using C#.NET and ASP.NET to solve business issues is required. A dedicated, can-do attitude and a high energy level are a must. OO design, ADO.NET and XSLT transformation experience is a plus. The new developer will be working to enhance and maintain both internal and external products in the next generation of online shopping, search, and advertising software.
If you have ever wished you worked for an innovative Silicon Valley software company but want to live in the Ohio Valley economy, HarvestINFO could be your dream come true. Superb benefits package.
Principals only; no contract or contract to hire, please.
Four-year CS degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 1 year of practical application experience with SQL, C# and ASP.NET in a Web environment
ADO.NET, XSLT, HTML, CSS, and/or web services experience a plus
Willingness to learn new internet technologies and programming techniques
OO experience and the ability to effectively communicate and describe technical designs
Understanding of the software development lifecycle, including a focus on unit testing
Direct experience with other internet companies and technologies outstanding
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Email Chris.Rizzuto AT harvestinfo.com
This month we will have free Indigo t-shirts for the first 30 or so attendees as well as a couple copies of a new book on Indigo from Microsoft Press as giveaways. You don’t want to miss this month!
Introduction to Windows Communication Foundation (aka Indigo)
This session will overview the future of distributed application development on the Windows platform. Learn how Windows Communication Foundation (aka Indigo) makes it easier to build powerful peer-to-peer and service-oriented applications. You'll also learn how to architect your applications today so that you can leverage Windows Communication Foundation in the future.
Drew Robbins is a Developer Evangelist for Microsoft in the Heartland District. Drew has over 10 years of experience with Microsoft products as both an IT Professional and Application Developer. Before joining Microsoft, Drew was already very active in the developer community on both a local and global level. He served in central Ohio as a Microsoft Regional Director (honorary Microsoft position), establishing a major user group and working in several enterprise accounts. Drew was also recognised as a Microsoft MVP for his role in community and expertise in Visual Studio and ASP.NET. Drew mobilized the global developer community through blogging websites that drove buzz and participation in conferences like TechEd, PDC and DevDays. He helped conceive TechEdBloggers.net and PDCBloggers.net.
The meeting is November 15th at 6:00 PM at Max Technical Training.
Pillar Technologies is the innovator of value managed delivery in the IT solutions and integration marketplace. Through our Speed-To-Value (S2V) approach, we're helping our customers to realize the strategic value of IT by delivering critical new capabilities to their business early and often with unmatched quality and very low sustain costs. Our mission is to continue to innovate new ways to make and save our customers money using technology.
Pillar is looking for an experienced individual to drive Professional Services delivery throughout Ohio. Qualified candidates must have a strong desire to delight our customers, exceptional soft skills for managing and growing customer relationships, and demonstrable experience in establishing and overseeing high-velocity project teams. As part of the leadership team, this person will help us identify new opportunities, design new offers, and delight our customers through impeccable delivery. The right individual will be a natural consultant, inventive yet disciplined and should excel at managing and delivering on their commitments.
Desired skills include:
* Identifying and hiring excellent resources.
* Building and managing highly effective project teams.
* Inventing new ideas and approaches.
* Mentoring and encouraging resources on best practices and disciplines.
* Providing positive leadership by example.
* Demonstrating strong written and verbal communication.
* Strong situational project management skills are preferred.
* A hands-on background in software development
* Experience with agile methods such as eXtreme Programming, Scrum, FDD, or others is also very valuable.
This position will report to the Vice President of Professional Services. The compensation package will include additional incentives for performance and profitability.
Pillar Technologies was established in 1996 with the merger of an IT solutions consulting firm and an Borland-certified IT training company. Our growth and success have been driven by finding great people and by daring them to be different. Pillar offers industry competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as profit sharing.
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking highly experienced C#.NET Windows Forms developers to do .Net Framework Enterprise Development for n-tier (smart client and WinForms) enterprise applications. Ideal candidates will have C# WinForms applications in production. Development experience in a manufacturing or financial environments is a plus. We have immediate opportunities (long term contract , and contract to full-time) north of Cincinnati.
-2+ years of .NET development experience with C#, ASP.NET, or VB.NET
-4+ years of SQL Server development experience
-MCP certification a plus.
-Smart client development experience a plus.
email al.bhattacharya AT rht.com
Our local client is looking for 2-3 .Net developers to work on a 1-3 year contract (with possible contract to hire opportunity) at their headquarters in Sharonville, Ohio. Individual will work as part of a team developing new applications per customer requirements. Modification to existing application. Configuration framework within .NET (VB.NET), can work remotely; however not the client's first choice. Travel: 50% to multiple customer sites mostly on the East Coast Minnesota to Florida. Salary and compensation commiserate with experience. If you have an interest in knowing more about this opportunity, please send an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com with a phone number and a time which is best to reach you and I will respond immediately.