Welcome to the blog for the Cincinnati .Net Users Group.
March 2005 - Posts
No, you aren't subscribed to the wrong blog. Lexington is only 90 miles away and if you don't mind the drive I am sure it will be awesome presentation by Stephen Walther on Data Access in ASP.NET 2.0.
Click here for all the info.
Jeff Handley will be speaking at the May Cincinnati .NET user group and is letting you help him choose what topic to speak on! Go over to his blog and help him decide!
Full Job Overview for Senior Software Analyst/Developer - Hospice
Homecare Homebase is a growing technology company providing exceptional products and services to agencies in the home healthcare and hospice industries. We believe we are the leading provider of innovative services to home health providers, offering a state of the art product suite which combines the power and portability of the Pocket PC with proven web-based back-office and administrative services. All technical aspects of designing, developing and supporting this solution are addressed by Homecare Homebase right here in Prospect, Kentucky!
Homecare Homebase is a small company with a powerful product suite, and we already have signed sales agreements which are driving tremendous growth within our company. Our set of home health products utilizes a Microsoft/Citrix hosted solution created using Visual Studio components, ASP.NET and other current technologies, with data center services provided through an agreement with Xodiax here in Louisville.
We have recently signed a partnership agreement to develop a hospice care system with a large agency in the South. We will be building a core system from the ground up, then enhancing/expanding it over the next several years. We need experienced developers/software engineers to drive this substantial expansion of our business.
Position will work with client team and company leadership to develop an entirely new hospice solution set. This product is expected to cover referral, verification, scheduling, workflow, multi-disciplinary events, multiple types of care and billing. Primary development platform will be C#/Citrix/SQL 2000. Certain parts of our existing solutions are written in Delphi, and will be partially integrated into the hospice solution.
Duties will include:
• Analyzing requirements for features in the application, and helping to determine best strategy for building a best-in-industry product.
• Working with customers to evolve understanding of product needs and translate into product specifications, then translating specifications into working systems components
• Carefully testing new code or changes made to the application prior to submitting work to our QA team.
If you would like the opportunity to join a committed team of professionals in a growing local company, please help us get to know you!
1. At least seven years overall development and analysis experience.
2. At least five years developing client-server solutions using Microsoft tools.
3. At least three years in systems analysis, working to interpret user requirements and create workable systems designs.
4. At least three years direct experience with applications solutions for hospice environments strongly preferred.
5. At least two years utilizing SQL Server 2000
6. Experience with Delphi preferred.
7. Demonstrated, proven ability to write and integrate stored procedures.
1. Bachelors degree in computer science, business, math or related (equivalent experience considered)
2. Experience in medical systems companies or commercial software development firms preferred.
Please respond with specific background in the qualifications listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Full Job Overview for Software Analyst / Developer
Homecare Homebase is a growing technology company providing exceptional products and services to several high-profile clients in the home healthcare industry. We believe we are the leading provider of innovative services to the home health industry, offering a state of the art product suite which combines the power and portability of the pocket PC with proven web-based back-office and administrative services. All technical aspects of designing, developing and supporting this solution are addressed by Homecare Homebase right here in Prospect, Kentucky!
Homecare Homebase is a small company with a powerful product suite, and we already have signed sales agreements which will drive significant growth over the next year. Our set of home health products utilizes a Microsoft/Citrix hosted solution created using Visual Studio components, ASP.NET and other current technologies, with data center services provided through an agreement with Xodiax here in Louisville.
This position will be a developer for our Home Health Billing / Scheduling system created through Visual Basic 6 / SQLServer 2000.
Duties will include:
• Analyzing requirements for new enhancements and features in the application, and helping to determine which ones should be incorporated into our products, and at what cost.
• Working with customers to evolve understanding of product needs and translate into product specifications
• Test changes made to the application prior to submitting work to our QA team.
• Migrate existing purchased code base to VB.NET or C#.
Knowledge/Job Skills Required
1. Must be proficient in Visual Basic 6 and SQL Server 2000
2. Experience using VB.NET and/or C# to write Windows and Web applications.
3. Proven ability to write and integrate stored procedures
4. Experience writing reports using Crystal Reports
5. Experience with healthcare billing and scheduling concepts is a plus
1. Bachelors degree in computer science or related (equivalent experience considered)
2. At least five years of programming experience
• 3-4 using Visual Basic 6
• 1-2 years using VB.NET and / or C#
• 2+ years using SOL Server 2000
• 2+ years using Crystal Reports
If you would like the opportunity to join a committed team of professionals in a growing local company, please help us get to know you!
Please Contact Brian Schaap at bschaapNOSPM@hchb.com (REMOVE NOSPM)
The Senior Application Developer reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems to support the organization's custom and purchased software applications. Duties include complex architecture, designing, encoding, testing, debugging and installing of software applications. Independently uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in researching, collecting, and reporting information on the ability and capacity of software products
- Independently architects and leads large or complex software projects. Responsible for creating project plans with distinct milestones and estimations. May lead and direct multiple application developers on projects and make technical decisions concerning the project.
- Conducts technical testing of applications
- Create implementation plans and install software to coordinate technical resources across departments including database administrators, networking, and QA.
- Recommend software improvements
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Collaborates with internal customers on potential issues with applications and proactively assist in modifying as needed to accommodate future needs.
- Follows established instructions and guidelines to ensure all appropriate quality assurance standards are met as well as ensure proper program logic and data processing are in force.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation
- Ensure all appropriate quality assurance standards are met as well as ensure proper program logic and data processing are in force.
- Conduct research on emerging application development products and processes Analyze software performance on new and existing applications to find areas of improvement and debugging.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and technical solutions.
- Shares his knowledge and mentors other developers.
- Conduct research on emerging application development products and processes
Desired Skills/Job Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 8 years of experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledgeable in relational databases, distributed architecture, and Internet/intranet applications and concepts
- SQL Server 2000
- VB 6.0/ASP
- Knowledge of the following a plus: Oracle, Reporting Services, and Microsoft Enterprise Library
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, including the software development lifecycle.
- Fully understands software development lifecycle and is familiar with a variety approaches to software development.
- Is considered an expert in software development.
- Good communication skills with a strong customer-support orientation.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage a variety of tasks, some with concurrent deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system development management
Email CincyjobsNOSPM@sfg.com (and mention where you heard about it) for more information or to apply. (Remove NOSPM)
Do you want to work for a company that will actively encourage you to stay on the leading edge? Do you want to work with a peer group that is second to none in technology?
If you enjoy a supportive environment where your abilities are recognized and your efforts make a difference, then we invite you to learn more about the exciting Consultant opportunities with Software Architects, Inc.
About the Role
As a Consultant, your responsibilities include full life cycle application development using Web related technologies like Java and .net. Our projects focus on E-business, Internet, and wireless environments. Flexibility, a positive attitude, and a professional image are critical, as the business application and nature of each assignment will vary from client to client. Your commitment to providing quality service is essential. We seek achievers who desire to excel in a highly visible team environment, but who can also work independently. A strong technical background and a continued desire to use technology to achieve business objectives is the foundation upon which we’d like to help you cultivate your career. Consultants can expect to enhance both their technical and their leadership skills through various roles and increasing responsibility on different projects. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes salary plus overtime, outstanding growth opportunities, leading technology, and comprehensive benefits. Joining the softball team is not a requirement, but we could use some offense.
Some skills that make a good consultant.
• 2+ years of experience with .net, C#, ASP.net, or VB.net
• Experience with ADO.net, XML, Microsoft IIS
• Solid Knowledge of the Object-Oriented methodology
• BS or MS in Computer Science or other programming-heavy major
SARK, a division of Software Architects, is looking for people to join our team and help take the company and their career to the next level. If you prefer to work side by side with the industries best and want to focus on exciting new technology projects, join our fast-paced group of emerging technologies professionals. Work with leading edge technologies, pursue challenging new career opportunities, and learn from others who have skills that complement yours.
For more information about our projects, culture, philosophy, and future, check out http://www.sark.com/.
** We are unable to offer Visa sponsorship at this time **
To apply send resume and salary requirements to:
Join us next month for our first INETA provided speaker!
Craig Utley is the Vice President of Development for KiZAN Technologies LLC, a consulting company focused on enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and business intelligence. Craig has been developing with Microsoft tools since the Visual Basic 1.0 days and has worked with companies of all sizes, helping them architect, design, and implement enterprise-wide applications on Microsoft technologies. His interest in developer productivity has led him into the world of design patterns, test-driven development (TDD), and agile/extreme methodologies. He is a published author of articles, courseware, and books, including the first book on VB .NET beta 2 that Microsoft authorized for release. He has been a frequent conference speaker at such conferences as ASP.NET Connections, SQL Server Magazine Connections, Microsoft’s Developer Days, and more. He holds an MCSD and is a Microsoft MVP.
Implementing MVC, Page Controller, and Front Controller in ASP.NET - Many applications retrieve data from a data store and display the data for the user. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern shows you how to create this process so that data retrieval and data display are loosely coupled. This allows you to more easily handle UI changes, display the same data in different ways, and support both Web and Windows clients. You will learn the active and passive MVC models and how it uses the Observer pattern. You’ll then see implementations of the Page Controller and the Front Controller as your application’s complexity increases and you need advanced techniques. If you want to create more efficient ASP.NET applications, this session is for you.
The meeting is April 19th at 6:00 PM at Max Technical Training.
CBT, LLC is the world’s foremost provider of leading-edge information and media systems for the horse racing industry. We have an immediate opening for a Software Developer in our Information Technologies Department to design and implement web sites and services using .NET.
Participate in the design and implementation of multi-tiered, multi-media internet-based software solutions. Upgrade and integrate web portal applications and associated services. Coordinate and support the deployment of web sites and services in various environments.
College degree. 2+ years of working production experience with Microsoft .NET platforms, including XML, HTML, C#, and SQL. System skills required: MS Windows Services, IIS, SOAP, and Web Portals.
Expand your skills with MS .NET development tools. Also, learn about DirectX, Windows Media Player, and MS Windows 2003 Media Services. There will be potential for work with Macromedia Flash, Linux and Macintosh. Play a role in enhancing our web development and deployment process.
Keys to Success:
You will succeed with CBT if you are a creative designer, a team player, responsible, professional, and enjoy working with a small, growing company.
Date Needed: Immediately
-Jeff Sutterfield (HRNOSPM@Charlson.com) (Remove NOSPM)
A Cincinnati company is looking for a .Net developer. Salary - Low sixties. Required Proficient with Object-Oriented development methodologies, XML/XSLT, Object-Oriented languages (.NET, C#), Database design, HTML, ASP, SQL2000.
Would be helpful to have experience with Load balancing technologies, Web services, SOAP System Architecture, Visual Basic, COM.
If you are interested please contact Mark McGarvey (markmcgarveyNOSPM@spherion.com) (Remove NOSPM before emailing)
"My name is Chris Wendling and I am with Brooksource, an IT Services company in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am seeking a .NET Architect for a custom software development company and I wanted to see if anyone in the user group would be interested in this opportunity.
This Architect role will be working with a group of 5 developers creating a Business Process Management software application using mostly Microsoft technologies (.NET framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Server 2003, ADO.NET, Sharepoint, BizTalk, IIS, XML, COM+, MSMQ, UML Designs, and more cutting edge technology). I am seeking an EAI or Process Management expert to give vision to next generation MS CRM applications. This senior technical development position will also involve going to client sites to help with the sales of the software on a technical level. Will report directly to the CTO and work with .NET Developers.
The candidate must have experience with most of the tools listed above and candidate must be very service and product orientated because you will be traveling to client locations. If you are interested please send resume to cwendlingNOSPM@brooksource.com and give me a call at (513) 533-7303. This is either a contract to hire or a direct placement depending on candidate and it is looking to interview as soon as possible and most likely the position will start in the next couple of weeks. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you."
- Chris Wendling (cwendlingNOSPM@brooksource.com) (Remove NOSPM)
"My employer is interested in a .NET programmer who also has some SQL knowledge and, ideally, some Java. If you know of anybody who would be interested, please pass them my email address!"
- Catherine Devlin (catherine.devlinNOSPM@gmail.com) (Remove NPSPM when emailing)
The first of many job annoucements to come.
Mike Levy had to cancel, but Steve Caravajal has stepped up:
The Importance and Implementation of Client-Side Scripting in ASP.NET
ASP.NET introduced a number of features that achieve improved functionality and reduce development time. For example, web forms and server controls work together to translate client-side user actions into server-side code execution. Despite making the user interaction more event driven, this may cause an unnecessary number of round trips to the web server. Client-side scripting can help to minimize these round trips or postbacks. Client-side scripting is as important today as it has ever been, and we need to continue to utilize this capability in ways beyond data validation. The purpose of this talk is threefold: 1) demonstrate some common uses of client-side script, 2) discover and utilize the ASP.NET capability for delivering client-side script to the rendered web form, and 3) discuss the options for optimum reuse of client-side scripting functionality. During the process, we'll uncover how ASP.NET's built-in server controls utilize client-side scripting, we will build custom controls that utilize client-side scripting to enhance the user experience, and we will take a peek at what we can expect for the client-side toolbox in ASP.NET 2.0.
Steve is currently a trainer, consultant, Vice President and General Manager of MAX Technical Training, a Microsoft Gold Partner, with facilities in Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio. Steve spends his time in the 5 C's: 1) classroom chatting (aka training), 2) consulting and 3) creating courseware. In his spare time, he runs the day-to-day operation of a rapidly growing training company. His technology focus includes anything .NET, SQL Server, Sharepoint, and the Software Development Process. Prior to joining MAX, Steve had his own consulting company, C-Cubed Technology. His company's focus was software development training, consulting and Technology Management training. Steve has more than 20 years experience in IT and software development. In addition to software development, his experience includes operating system design, robotics and automation, infrastructure and leading a whole bunch of people in a lot of different directions. His project experience includes the small, local implementation to the very large, global deployment. His IT journey began in software development as a graduate student when there were no +'s after the C and when Assembly was a programming language with a very poor IDE. Steve received his Ph.D. in Chemistry and Computer Science in 1985 and began a career in Technology and Product Development with a global Fortune 500 Company. After 15 years of traveling the world, developing new products and having way too much fun, he decided to settle down and run his own company. He began working with MAX as a contractor in 2000 and the rest is history. Steve's other interests include reading, games and puzzles, music, eating and spending time with his wife.
Hope to see you there! (6:00 PM at Max Technical Training)